The Willows is purpose-built, set it its own secure grounds surrounded by gardens and patio areas, with ground-floor, easy-access, en-suite bedrooms and bright, airy communal areas including a Bistro and a Conservatory/Orangery. Inside you will find a quiet, informal atmosphere where residents choose their own lifestyle and are free to express themselves. We aim to build confidence and bring peace of mind to residents and their relatives. Friends and family are welcome to visit whenever they like.
The Willows is one of a group of three privately-owned residential care homes, with locations in Cumbria, Merseyside and Lancashire. As a small family, we work closely together, creating a culture of participation where staff help each other maintain supportive, caring environments for our residents. Our homes exist for the benefit of our residents; we are ‘home from home’ where residents are assured of safety and comfort. Our objectives are to support our residents in enjoying life and in maintaining their dignity, independence and individuality.
To improve lives by learning from the experience of every Willows resident.
The Willows Care Home offers a unique style of boutique care to its residents.
• To our organisation, ‘quality careʹ means customer satisfaction, our care provision is person centred; monitored and improved through satisfaction surveys.
• Our residents are encouraged to maintain their preferred lifestyle. We want you to feel that you are amongst friends and family.
• We help you live comfortably, with as much independence as possible, by employing staff who are motivated, trained and qualified in their roles as carers.
• We empower our staff to achieve the required standards by our ongoing commitment to training, appraisal and development.
• We constantly strive to ensure that The Willows is a happy place in which everyone can enjoy their life, whether that be to live or to work.
How we do things is important
• We ensure dignity, respect and privacy at all times
• We give personal care in a sensitive and private manner
• We encourage every resident to make his/her own lifestyle choices
• We accept responsibility for our actions
• We encourage a non-bureaucratic approach to our business, whilst helping to support the personal development of our staff
We belong to Care England which works on behalf of care providers to speak with a single voice for both individual members and the whole care sector.
You’ll find the Willows highly rated on the UK’s leading reviews website, which lists and rates over 18,000 care homes.
CQC overall rating for The Willows
We are inspected and monitored by the Care Quality Commission which ensures the standards of quality and safety that should be expected from care.
See our latest report